Wednesday 4 May 2011

Inspired By

One of my most versatile stamps from Penny Black is the Modesty stamp, it works so well as a main image or as a background, so I just had to use it for my week on the blog, I have teemed it with the flower from the To You clear set which has been coloured with twinkling H2O paints. Here is a sneek peek at the result, to see the full card, hop on over to the penny black blog here.




All this week Penny Black are running an inspired by challenge, I couldn't resist playing along myself and so when I saw this card here by Jenyfur; I just knew I had to make an autumnal card with some leaves I had made from acetate and a flower from the To you clear stamp set.





Leaves were created using Tim Holtz die and acetate, alcohol inks were added to the tops of the leaves and acrylic gold and bronze paint added to the underside. The flower was coloured with distress stains to give worn look and seed beads added to the middle for dimension.

6 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful!! Love the warm colors and design, Cathy!!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Cathy I love the fall color scheme of your card. So beautiful.

Dotty Jo said...

How lovely! Jo x

Lin said...

Absolutely stunning, sista!!

Barb said...

Wow, those leaves are fabulous! Great technique used, Cathy! Beautiful card! I'm heading over to see your PB post now. . .

Tiffany Ervin said...

This is really gorgeous, I so love the deep and rich colors on this card!