Tuesday 30 August 2011

Decorating the Door

Today I am hosting the blog over at Penny Black Here, sorry there are no videos this week from me but I have been suffering with a bad shoulder and it quite painful to stamp and colour.

However, luckily I had some cards ready and waiting that are perfect for this week!

I just adore how Peet Roeven manages to combine patterned papers with her stamped images and so I decided to have a go at paper piecing a card.



I have used Penny Blacks Welcome to Mimi's 4190K, Let it Snow 30-086, Christmas Express 30-080 (I used the holly and stamped an extra leaf to create an additional embellishment on the button Mix and Match Card Stock Rose Garden 14-003 and Scroll White EP401

Other:-
Martha Stewart Holidays Mat Pad and American Craft Satin Ribbon.

The embossed paper has been machine stitched onto the mix and match card stock and then the Mimi image dimensional foam mounted.  Each element of the Mimi image has been paper pieced and foam mounted.  A pearl had been added for the door handle, enamel accents used for the snow, gems added to the centre of the holly leaves and fluffy stuff used for Mimi's hat. The button is antique.



Don't forget to visit the Penny Black blog this week for more Mimi inspiration from the other designers...they will blow your socks off!

5 comments:

Virginia L. said...

How FUN with paper-piecing this image, Cathy! Love it!

Penny said...

How beautiful, so many inspiring and intricate details!


Penny x

Elizabeth Allan said...

Excellent paper piecing Cathy! The pearl door knob is precious. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Lin said...

Just adorable, Cathy - brings back some memories I had forgotten about: decorating our dorm doors at Christmas in college. Love your paper-piecing!

Barb said...

So cute Cathy! Just love your door with the pearl handle! Wonderful coloring too! I have a bad shoulder too, so I understand the pain. . .hope it heals quickly! Hugs!