Wednesday 1 February 2012

Always say thank you !

You may recall me sharing a card with you earlier this week using Penny Black's 'Butterfly Suite' 4182K, well, whilst making that card I realised that I needed a thank you card and so created this variation.























I created the main panel the same way as in Monday's post but coloured with V755,BV733 and BV 736. The background was stamped with 'Scroll Background' 1766M and Memento Lilac Posies dye ink.  I then embossed 'Thanks, Thanks' 2915F in the corner.  For this card I used 'Fern Green' 05-002 mix and match cardstock for the matting.  I added a small satin bow to finish off (well if truth be known, I was eating a cracker and some grease from the butter was on my finger and unbeknown to me landed right in the corner, so I had to hide it somehow!).

Thank you so much for visiting and I really appreciate all your wonderful comments.

Hugs Cathy
x

6 comments:

Elizabeth Allan said...

Those shades of purple are so elegant in this design Cathy. Lovely!

Tiffany Ervin said...

These lavender colors just make my heart melt! I love it so much! Beautiful design!

Virginia L. said...

Your dimensions for the flower are amazing! Hope to see your video tutorial again soon! HUGS!

Paula (PEP) said...

I had to smile - the perils of multi-tasking!! Mind you the results can be quite enlightening & I before I'd read your explanation I thought (as I wrote on the PB blog) how nicely the bow balances & echoes the wings of your butterflies.
Paula (PEP)

Darnell J Knauss said...

I have this stamp and love it, but haven't quite been able to make it work. WOW, you sure did! This card is stunning!

annemarks said...

Love this one Cathy :)