Friday 29 June 2012

Butterflies and Flowers

I just love the Penny Black stamp 'Soft Wings' 40-099, it is such a beautiful butterfly stamp and I have just managed to get my hands on it and finally ink it up.























To make  the base design, I inked up 'Delicate Florals' 40-103 with Tombow markers and repeat stamped into the corner of some watercolour card.  The sentiment is from the new transparent set 'Petal Party'  30-113 and has been stamped using Versafine black ink.  I then hand drew the border (yes it is wonky....I did that on purpose :)  ).

The butterfly was then stamped with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink and then stamped again onto a scratch piece of white card.  The butterfly was water coloured with inktense pencils and then mounted onto the main panel using dimensional glue.

Tomorrow I will be sharing another card using some of the new stamps so do pop back if you have time.

Hugs Cathy
x

6 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

The vibrancy of the Inktense pencils with the Tombow softness on the flowers is delightful & I do love that Vintage Sepia. Your framing is beautiful with the perfect amount of wonkiness.
Paula (PEP)

CherylQuilts said...

This is gorgeous! I love the simplicity of the layout, and the colors are wonderful!

shirley-bee said...

I love the delicate colouring of the flowers - perfect background for that vibrant butterfly.

Elizabeth Allan said...

The colors on the butterfly are exquisite Cathy!

Kaypeanut said...

I love the beautiful butterfly, such fantastic colours.

ARTiMAGINE said...

Hey,

this is a beautiful card...

love the colors used...