Friday 17 August 2012

A Gift From a Friend

Hi Everyone, today I thought I would share something a bit different with you, a Friend recently gave me an Air Plant, which I have to confess I did not know quite what to do with at first!

But having spritzed it with water and it surviving my plant care regime I though it was about time I gave it a proper home rather than it sitting on my table looking all lost!

So here is my altered Air Plant home........






















I bought a slate heart at the local hobby store and then white embossed the sentiment from 'Gratitude' 30-105. To finish off I added a white faux stitching line using a Sharpie paint pen.
Here it is from another angle



This now hangs proudly in my craft room as a reminder of my friend.

Hope you have a great weekend.

ps. news just in.....there is a great giveaway over at Moxie Fab of Penny Black stamps click here to find out how to enter.

Hugs Cathy
x

3 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

That is quite an amazing idea - love the effect of the slate with white & the rusticness of the air plant.
Paula (PEP)

Elizabeth Allan said...

I have never seen an Air Plant before. How unique!! I love the creative home you designed for it!

Amy said...

I've only just come back from the local garden store, feeling completely uninspired by their indoor plant range (for my new desk at work). I DID however notice the cute little air plants, but wanted something bigger...now you've inspired me to go back and get a heap to create my own little verticle garden! Thanks! x