Tuesday 21 August 2012

Icy Cold with Gelato

I thought I would mess around again and so got out my Faber Castell Design Memory Craft Gelatos, and this was the result.























To create the background for this card, I embossed some white card using a Sizzix embossing folder, I then brayed over the top with Versamark and embossed with clear powder.

Then the fun began, I took Blue Metal, Cotton Candy and Grape Gelatos and rubbed over the embossed areas with my fingers, I then lightly wiped away the excess from the embossed areas with a damp cloth to create a blended background.

On separate white card I stamped the characters from 'A Cool Christmas' 30-128 and coloured using the same Gelatos and a few aquarelle pencils; no.s 104, 105, 251, 270 and 119 and cut out.

Spellbinders circles were used to cut out of the mounts using 'Clear Skies' 10-001 and 10-003  and the border cut using Tim Holtz Sizzix Snowflake edge.  The sentiment was stamped and embossed with white powder using 'Winter Magic' 30-134 and 'A Bright Tomorrow' 30-130 and gems added to the centre of the snowflake to finish.

If you haven't tried Gelatos yet give them a go they really are versatile.

Thanks for visiting me today.

Hugs Cathy
x

8 comments:

Kaypeanut said...

Another lovely card from my favourite designer.

Annette Allen said...

oh my this is amazing...such a pretty card and what a fun design...love it

Lin said...

You always have the best ideas, Cathy! Love the cool colors and the cute images!

Barb said...

I love these beautiful colors, Cathy! That background looks awesome! Adorable card!

Tracey said...

SO PRETTY!!! You have inspired me to try this technique Cathy...THANKS HA sistah :)

Paula (PEP) said...

Intriguing technique - very effective & super with those icy colours. Love the way you used the brilliant royal blue for the circlular element.
Paula (PEP)

Elizabeth Allan said...

A frosty delight in dazzling blues and purples!

Carla said...

Thanks for your answer Cathy.