I don't know about you, but sometimes I love just sitting down and experimenting. I had some gliding flakes that were screaming to be played with and so I grabbed a pot of gilding glue and with a little madness on my part thought I would see what would happen if I applied it directly to the stamp instead of to the card.........Note if you try this clean your stamp off immediately afterwards! The result was a distressed glided effect.
used: Spotted Winter 4270K, Harmony 40-170, Winter Magic 30-134 Periwinkle 11-003and Fuchsia Fantasies 13-003.
Here is a how I did it....
* Fold a card blank using fuchsia fantasies and then stamp with Harmony background stamp
* Stamp Tree in Gliding Glue and then when dry sprinkle with gilding flake and brush off excess.
* Repeat stamping tree with Versafine Blue ink slightly off from original image.
* Cut out using Spellbinders die and add extra dots of liquid pearls. Mount onto main card blank with additional mats and borders cut from Spellbinders dies.
* Draw in the snow using the amazing Faber Castell Design Memory Craft White Big Brush marker and smudge with your finger.
* Stamp sentiment onto separate card and cut out.
I will soon share with you another card I made using the flake, but applying it using a slightly different method.
Until then Hugs Cathy