Thursday 27 June 2013

One Layout Idea - Three Cards

I don't usually sketch out my card designs, I prefer to let things evolve as I create, but I thought it would be fun to try and see what would happen if I worked to a pre-designed sketch. Here is the card sketch that I have used and three different card designs made based on the sketch.

Colourful Thanks

I have used Penny Black's Lace Trims 30-181, Versamark ink and Pan Pastels, tip cut a paper mask using Spellbinders Nesting Circles to create the circular shape. The sentiment has been stamped with Versamark Onyx Black ink using the transparent set Sentimental 30-176. The matts for the card were created using Spellbinders Matting Basics A S5-131 and B S5-132

Sepia Barrow

Again using the circular mask, and matts cut using Spellbinders A2 Matting basics, I stamped Fancy Flowers 30-123 with Versamark ink and then coloured over with Pan Pastels.  The sentiment from the same set was then stamped using Versafine Vintage Sepia ink

Flower and Leaf Circle

This final card was created using the same matts and circle template, I then stamped flowers, leaves circles and crosses from Penny Black Transparent sets Bugsy and Owly 30-110, Sentiments 30-025 and Salutations 30-014  using Versamagic Aquatic Splash and Turquoise Gem Inks.

Having created these three cards, I think I prefer my  make as I go technique, but it was fun trying to do things a different way.
Hugs Cathy
x