Thursday 29 August 2013

Dove From Above

Hi everyone, I seem to be chasing my tail so much these days that I wondered if I would have time to do another post on the blog this week, but last night I had an idea for a quick card and so I set to work and now want to share this quick and easy design with you.

Dove from above front view

Materials used: Wings Of Peace 51-011 and Love & Joy 51-021 dies, Storm 01-001 and Summer Sun 17-001 Mix and Match card, Small Piece of Acetate, Sheer Shimmer Spritz Frost, Gold Sharpie and AC Memory Marker Lemon, Onion or Vellum paper.

* Take a piece of Storm card and cut the word "peace" out of the bottom using the Love and Joy die (this card actually uses the waste parts of the die).

* Place acetate behind card so that you can glue back the waste centres from the e's and a.

* Cut Dove twice from onion or vellum paper layer up the middle cutouts using dimensional glue and then spritz with Frost Shimmer.  When dry add in eye using gold sharpie.

* Use the outer die cut and glue directly to card and then add the inner dove cut out on top using dimensional glue again.

* Mount panel onto Summer Sun card blank using dimensional foam and add faux stitching with lemon pen to finish.

Here is another picture of the card showing the layers

Dove from above angled view

I hope I can find a bit more time to get some projects shared with you soon......
Hugs Cathy
X