Monday 12 August 2013

It's Monday and exiting things are happening this week.......

Hi everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, I am so excited this week as Penny Black will be sharing their latest release over on their blog, the new stamps and dies will blow you away....they did me; so don't forget to hop on over each day to see the reveal of the new releases here.


Before I share my project for today, I thought I would show you a couple of pictures I took last week, our trip to a near by city was constantly interrupted by ponies and cows blocking the roads, I know that traffic delays can be annoying, but who could get cross at such a lovely sight? Nature at its best!

New Forest Ponies Traffic Jam

Roaming New Forest Cows

Finally here is my little project to share with you today, I gave a onesie and a face cloth the stamp treatment.

Hedgie Bear onsie

Here is a close up of the image and personalisation
Closeup of Hedgie Bear onesie

To create the main image I stamped the Hedgie from Bundle of Joy 30-043 onto printer tee-shirt transfer paper using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, I then coloured the Hedgie and Bear using Copic Markers E00, E01, E31, E57, E77,W01, W02, RV13 and RV14 tip: press very lightly when colouring to aviod scratching away the transfer paper. I then followed the printer paper instructions and Ironed the image onto the onesie (I used the same process for the face cloth). I then stamped the baby's name using Versacraft Cherry Pink Ink and the Penny Black transparent set Kate's Alphabet 30-168 directly onto the garment and heat set (note: you can not stamp onto the transfer paper as the letters would come out back to front) . The final step is to wash the garment in cold water only and then in cold water again with detergent, once this is done it is then colourfast in the machine at 30 degrees. I have a video tutorial showing how to stamp a onesie here (not the same image).

Hedgie bear facecloth

Since discovering this technique, I now go round the shops thinking that would be great to add a stamped image to and the best bit is if you make a mistake colouring it is only on the paper, so you can start again and not ruin your garment.

Have a great week, hugs
Cathy
x