Wednesday 4 September 2013

When Less is more just ends in More......and More!

You may recall that in my previous post I shared a card inspired by the less is more challenge blog, but that card did not begin life quite as it is shown here.

Originally it looked like this........

Musically white christmas

I had stamped White Christmas 40-255 and Christmas Harmony 30-194 using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then coloured the snowman image with Copic markers.

Then just as I was finishing stamping, I went and smudged the snowflakes with my hand before the ink dried.....so rescue mission no.1 was to add baby blue stickles to cover my crafting disaster, so what started as a card as less is more, then had to have MORE added.

Problem solved I hear you cry........but no I had not finished doing daft things, I then put a Fantastix down covered in blue ink and where did it land.....slap bang on top of my card marking it so it was ruined or so I thought........ so rescue mission no.2  chopped off the bottom, saving the still pristine snowman bit and planned to discard the doomed musical top bit!

But then whilst clearing out a cupboard I came across a computer floppy disk and the top bit that protects the magnetic bit looked a bit like a mini iPod, so off it came and with a few adjustments via a white and black circle cut using my Spellbinders Standard Circles Lg S4-114 and a small circle punch, a few hand written words and some twisted wire and foam, I had the perfect embellishment to hide my inky splodges, so rescue mission no.3  I hear you cry you added yet MORE to a card that is meant to have less.....well by now I was past caring but I think this rescue mission might just work provided I keep all inks well away from it now!

From Floppy disk to Ipod

I will be back again soon with another Less is more challenge card for you, don't forget to check out the Penny Black blog for further inspiration here.
Hugs Cathy
x