Woooo Hoooo it is spooktacular here today, not only is it Friday.....but Halloween will soon be upon us and all those little trick or treat-ers will be knocking at our doors. So to celebrate the occasion I have a pull the tab card photo tutorial for you!
and here is what happens when you pull that tab...if you dare!
'Witch' leads leads me on to how it was created, so without any more cackling or stirring of the pot here is a potion list for this spell....
Penny Black: Transparent Stamps Haunted Halloween 30-184 and; Embellishments 30-161, Storm 01-001, 01-003 and Summer Sun 17-003 Mix and Match card.
Other: Copic Markers 100,BV02, BV17,BV29, W3,W5,C3, C5,G28, Y08 and Y15. Pan Pastels Ultramarine Blue; Dark and Shade, Diarylide Yellow and Hansa Yellow Tint, Acetate, Clear Embossing Powder, Spellbinders Standard Circles Sm S4-116, Address Book S5-167, Foam Pads and Double Sided Tape, Black Staz-On and Versafine Onyx Black ink.
* Cut the tab pull from acetate 5 5/8 x 2 3/8 as shown (the top has been shaped using the tab from Spellbinders Address Book - only cutting part way through - allow an extra tab on each side at the bottom to prevent from pulling out of the card). Stamp images on tab with Staz-on and also stamp fence onto a separate strip of acetate.
* Stamp the house and bats with Versafine onto white card (4 1/8 x 6 3/8) and clear emboss, colour with Pan Pastels and cut out 2 1/8 circle for moon. Colour in bats using Black Copic marker. Cut a separate strip of card the same width as main card score in half and then cut a slit 2 3/8" wide for the the pull tab to go through 1/4" in from one edge. See image below.
* Adhere strip to back of stamped panel at the top making sure that your tab lines up with the circular window, as in the image below.
* Add double sided foam to the sides, along the base of the tab and at side of tab, making sure the tab can still move freely up and down (see image below)
* Stamp the house using versafine and clear emboss, colour with Copics and cut out, then mount onto main panel using foam pads.
* Wrap acetate fence around the bottom of the panel (see below) and then attach panel to black card blank to finish.
All that remains is to wish you a spooktacular weekend!