Today it is my turn to share a project and so I found an old tin in a sale bin at my local garden centre and gave it my own little treatment!
Step by step tutorial and photos.
Take an old tin (I found this one in a bargain bin at a garden centre) and paint over with gesso mixed with a little tan acrylic paint.
2) Stamp Penny Black Twirls Cling 40-282 onto May Arts Ivory 5/8" Faux Canvas/ Lightweight Ribbon 444-58-09 using Memento Luxe Olive Grove and Pear Tart inks, iron ribbon to set.
3) Using a paint brush, lightly paint over tin with Memento Luxe Pistachio and then splatter Shimmer Spritz Copper over the top and heat set.
6) Cut a butterfly from metal using the Tagged 51-007 Die and brush over with Enamel Medium and then sprinkle with Iced Enamels Relique Turquoise and heat set, add gems to the centre of the butterfly. Cut three pieces of May Arts 5/8" Wired String w/mini Raffia Bows 472-58-16 and form into loops.
7) Stamp sentiment from Eloquence 30-162 using Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black ink and heat set, add flowers ribbons and butterfly to lid of tin with hot glue gun.
8) Seal the flowers and leaves with Vintage Glaz on to finish.
I loved playing with these lovely new ribbons and also the effect of the butterfly on the Iced Enamel, you can see a close up of it here
Thank you for joining me today, and don't forget to hop on over to the Penny Black and May Arts blogs to see what all the other designers have been creating, there may even be a prize or two up for grabs!