Friday 23 May 2014

When Is A Bow Tie Not A Bow Tie?

I want to show you how versatile the new Penny Black dies and stamps are today, so I have used a masculine themed bow tie die and stamp to create a feminine card!

Bows of Love

Materials used: Penny Black Dapper Die 51-049, Lost Without You... 30-248 and Special Wishes 30-229 transparent stamp sets, Madison 80-001 designer paper pad, Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko Memento Bahama Blue and Versafine Majestic Blue ink, Blue pearls, Spellbinders Grand Squares LF-126, cotton thread various colours and White card.

1) Die cut bows from white card, and Madison paper, stamp bow tie onto die cut using Bahama blue ink then run all the bows through a ribbler/paper crimper (I use this one from Fiskars). Wrap cotton thread around the middle

2) Emboss card blank with spellbinders grand square and glue bows into place (I also embossed a circle to help me as a guide on where to place the bows).

3) stamp sentiment with Versafine ink and add pearls to finish.

I have some bows left over, so will use them in some other projects that I will share with you over the coming weeks.

Have a great weekend, hugs
Cathy
x