Monday 16 June 2014

The Adventure Begins

Friday was a mixed day for me, my Daughter flew off to live in Dubai and begin her working life after finishing university.  I am going to miss her terribly, but at the same time am excited for the opportunities she will have and  am extremely proud of all her achievements.

I made a little card to give her with a present at the airport and thought I would share it here.

It's just beginning

Supplies used:
Pearl white Card and Kay and Co striped paper, Muslin, May Arts Ribbon, Plaster of Paris, Home made moulds of roses and frames, Penny Black's Special Day 30-216 stamp set, Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko Staz On Jet Black ink, Versamagic Pixie Dust, Matte Glaze On, Angel Pink IRresistible Spray, Iced Enamels Relique Glitz Silver and Ice Resin.

1) Mount patterned paper onto card blank and add muslin and ribbon.

2) Create frame and roses using mould and plaster of paris, once set colour frame with Versamagic ink and roses with several layers of IRresistible Spray.

3) Stamp message onto patterned paper using Staz - On and then cover with Glaze On. Glue to back of frame and then mix Ice Resin per manufactures instructions and pour into frame, sprinkle Relique Glitz Silver and leave 24 hours to set.

4) Adhere frame and roses to card to finish.

I know this stamp set is designed for weddings, but I think this sentiment is perfect for this occasion too!

Thanks for joining me today, I will be back again soon with more projects to share, hugs
Cathy
x