Monday 15 August 2016

Happy Accidents and how to correct

Well we have all do next, dropped an ink pad , smudged something or just cut the wrong bit!  It is what we like to call a happy accident.

This happened to me this weekend, I was creating a clean one layer card, I had coloured my Hydrangea flower stamp 40-469 from Penny Black and decided to add a small panel of the Petals die 51-042, I lined it all up so that it would only cut the bottom section and then put it the wrong way around and cut my flower by mistake!!!  After all the Coloring I didn't want to throw it away, so I stamped the image a few more times coloured and layered to create this card.



I then added some pale gree paper behind, a bit of washi tape to the side and added the sentiment Smile using the Penny Black die from the Hooray collection 51-038.  The flower was coloured using Chameleon Pen Deep Violet.
And that he s why it is called a happy accident, because in the end it was saved and looked OK!  I would love to hear how you have dealt with happy accidents, let me know in your comments.

4 comments:

judkajudi said...

Great save!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful save Cathy, a beautiful card! I have been known to use embellishments to cover, or fussy cutting to eliminate, some oopsies!
Blessings
Maxine

Cathy A said...

Great tips to save a card Maxine!

Gretchen Wilson said...

What a beautiful mistake! This card is gorgeous and purples are my favorite! Nice save!