Today's card is nature themed with the sentiment that I am sure many of us wish for during this holiday season 'Peace and Joy'.
Chameleon Color Tone Pens; Taupe, Bark, Crimson Red, Warm Sunset, Vermillion, Evergreen, Penny Black Stamps; 30-374 Winter Joy and 40-488 Overjoyed, Memento Inks; Love Letter, Rhubarb Stalk and Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black ink, Amplify Wedding Dress, Crea-lies Stitched Ovals Nesting Dies.
- Stamp Overjoyed with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto a 4 1/4" by 6" card blank and partially die cut oval and fussy cut around robin and branch, then take the next size up die and partially emboss the stitched border. Align the sentiment in the oval and stamp using Versafine ink.
- Color the robin using Crimson Red for the underside of the bird (I fused for 10 seconds to get the color variation) and then follow up from the underside with Vermillion (fusing for 5 seconds). Then color the rest of the body using Taupe (Depending on the area colored I fused for between 3 and 5 seconds). Tip: When cutting oval place area not to be cut over edge of cutting mat that way the die won't cut into the stamped area).
- Color the berries on the branch using the bullet nib of the Crimson Red pen fusing for 3 seconds.
- Use the Evergreen pen and color the shaded areas of the holly leaves without fusing and then fuse the pen for 3 seconds and color the other exposed parts of the leaves.
- Take the Bark pen and using the Bullet nib color the underside of the branch without fusing then fuse for 3 seconds and color the remaining areas of the branch.
- Fuse the bullet nib of the Warm Sunset pen for 3 seconds and color the beak and feet of the bird.
- Using a blending tool color the edges of the card using Memento Love Letter and then go around the very edge with Rhubarb Stalk.