Monday 21 November 2011

Ren's Clean and Simple cards

My husband Ren is always moaning that I take so long making cards, I mean how difficult can it be?
So today I set him the challenge of creating a clean and simple design, this was his first idea...




then he made this alternate version with a banner for the sentiment


He would love to know which design, if either you prefer?  So please leave him a comment.
He has used the baubles from the Penny Black clear set "Christmas Treasures" 30-085 and the sentiment from "Christmas with Mimi" 30-079.  The deer is a Tim Holtz Sizzix die cut.

Did you know that this week is dedicated to Clean and Simple cards on the Penny Black blog here, there is also a special announcement on Monday, so do hop on over and check it out.

8 comments:

Marilynn said...

I like the one with the words in the banner. It looks better to me.

Elizabeth Allan said...

I have a question for Ren....Will he be starting his own blog? :0) Love both designs!

Brenda said...

He is quite talented actually! Hopefully it does not go to his head! I do prefer the first!

Paula (PEP) said...

The first is my preference. Impressive to have a crafty husband. Mine is all fingers & thumbs but a whizz with grammar & deconstructing sentences grammatically. I too take absolutely ages over a card so it's heartening to hear that it's so for you too.
Paula (PEP)

judy said...

Your cards are so detailed and well
designed, Cathy that the time is
well worth it! As for the cards made
by your husband, I prefer the first; He makes very nice cards.

Virginia L. said...

I love both! Ren is brilliant! I actually like the first one because it is simply cleaner and crisper....just perfect as a CAS card! Please tell Ren to keep them coming! He is full of creative ideas. I shall get Dr. John to jump on the bandwagon as well :)

Arlene said...

I like the clean lines of the first card, but I like the second one too. Great job!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Just checking back to see when Ren will be posting again...:0)