Wednesday 7 March 2012

Baby Buttons Second Card

This weeks challenge over at the Casual Friday blog, is all about Baby cards, details of the challenge can be found here.

Please scroll down to see the first card in a separate post.
























To create the boy card, I repeated the process with the 'Cute as a Button' 40-052 background but this time I used Tumbled Glass distress ink to colour the bottom.  I then inked the central part of the sentiment and stamped in to the top right corner.

On a separate piece of card I stamped the bear from the transparent set 'Raindrops and Kisses' 30-088 using versa fine Majestic Blue ink, I then stamped the 'its a boy' from the transparent set 'Bundle of Joy' 30-043
and coloured the bear with Marvy alcohol markers B717 and GB691, I then used Copics Y23 and YR0000 for the heart.  The bear was then fussy cut, dry embossed to shape and mounted onto the card with dimensional glue and a blue heart gem added to the middle. The main panel was then mounted onto 'Clear Skies' Mix and Match cardstock and then mounted onto a white card blank to finish.

Did you know my good friend Kathy Racoosin has a neat tip on how to create lace using spellbinders on her blog?  You can check it out here.http://thedailymarker.blogspot.com/2012/03/creating-lace-with-spellbinder-die.html

Don't forget to check out my other post today with a card suitable for a baby girl

Hugs Cathy
x

7 comments:

Cathy Fongjoyo said...

AHA!! this is just as adorable as the baby girl card!! love that blue bear!

Annette Allen said...

aww how adorable..

CinnamonSally said...

Another cute card Cathy!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

What a darling card, Cathy! I'm so glad you added your name to the Moxie Fab World Blog Roll! I look forward to visiting from time to time! :)

Virginia L. said...

Simply SWEET, sista! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jeanette M. said...

This one is so cute, too! I love that blue bear.

Paula (PEP) said...

The softness of the embossed panel's blue really makes a lovely background for the teddy & I love the dimension you coloured into him. He's very real for I'm sure I've seen little blue teddies like that.
Paula (PEP)