Monday 21 May 2012

Wedding Wishes


A friend asked me if I could make a card for her Niece that is getting married soon, the only brief that she gave was that the bridesmaids would be wearing Champagne coloured dresses.  So I set about making a few samples to see if she would like any of them, this is what I came up with.



These were based on a card I made last week for the CAS-ual Friday Challenge and uses 'Scrolling Along' 3812J, 'Blessings' 3851E and 'Penmanship' 2410K.   I did it against both Ivory and White backgrounds to get different looks.


This one uses 'Bride and Groom' 4167K & 'Full of Life' 3641F - the bouquet and hair was coloured using the new Tim Holtz distress Marker Pens; Bundled Sage, Barn Door and Scattered Straw. 



This one uses 'Pinnacle' 4168K and 'Full of Life' 3641F.  The birds and roses on the cake were again coloured with the new Tim Holtz Distress Marker Pens; Barn door, Bundled Sage and Scattered Straw, they were applied using a water-colour and direct to paper method.

















This final card is a copy of one made by a fellow designer Heather; you can see her original card here, I just used champagne embossing powder to give the card a different colour mix, using 'Lace Flower' 4241K and 'Blessings' 3851E.

Tomorrow I will be back with a design that uses only one transparent set to tell a story.

Have a great week, hugs
Cathy
x

3 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

My favourite is the second one - very striking against the crisp white whilst still keeping to the general colour scheme for the Wedding. Lovely to see the variations & how much they can alter the one design.
Paula (PEP)
Look forward to hearing which one she picks.

Unique Weddings said...

It is really cute. I wanna have one of those in my wedding soon.

Anonymous said...

Its not my first time to visit this site, i am browsing this site dailly and take fastidious facts from
here daily.
Also visit my web page ; personalized holiday cards