Thursday 26 July 2012

With Love

 I think it is nice sometimes to just let someone know you love them and are thinking of them, my Nan is hard of hearing, so I often write to her to let her know I am thinking of her.  If you want to let someone know you love them here is a card that conveys that message.



I stamped the flowers from 'Flower Gallery' 30-031 with Memento Black ink and coloured the leaves with Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint Tim Holtz Distress Pens, I then coloured the petals with Copic Markers to allow greater depth of shading. The image was then partially cut out using Spellbinders nesting oval dies and then the overhang cut by hand.  The oval die was then put back over the image and Tumbled Glass Dye ink blended over the top.

This was then mounted onto Gloss Black Card that had been cut using Spellbinders Scalloped Oval nesting dies. The background patterned paper was then stamped with the sentiment from 'Lace Delight' 30-115 and embossed with black powder.  This was matted onto black gloss card, sheer ribbon and bow attached and then mounted onto 'Clear Skies' 10-001 Mix and Match Cardstock that had been punched with a Martha Stewart Border and Corner double scallop punch.

Hope you are having a fun creative week,

Hugs Cathy
x


5 comments:

Dawn T said...

what a delightful card Cathy. I bet your Nan loves getting cards from you.

Paula (PEP) said...

Beautifully striking with your use of black & pale blue with the red flowers. Altogether a very lovely & thoughtful gesture.
Paula (PEP)

Annette Allen said...

WOW love that bright red...looks gorgeous

annemarks said...

I love your use of colour,this really pops. It's lovely :)

MaryH said...

Such a lovely card, and such a wonderful thing for your Nan to receive. Being hard of hearing myself, I appreciate the written word as well! What a thoughtful way to communicate. TFS