Friday 15 March 2013

A Gift

It is always a lovely feeling to be able to give a little gift to some one and to know that it might of brightened their day.  I love to give my little tokens in personalised gift bags, boxes and wraps to just add that extra personal touch, so today rather than sharing any stamping I thought I would share a little clutch bag that I made to hold a small box of chocolates.

Here it is with the wrapped chocolates inside

Gift Bag filled

And here is a photo of the clutch bag before I added the gift.


Gift Bag Empty

I created a little bag template and then cut out my design from a 12"x 12" sheet of acetate.  I then took a sheet of DCWV glittered card stock (from the Latte collection) and cut the pattern using Spellbinders Fancy Lattice die S5-152 ~ did you know that you can easily line it up to cut a whole sheet of scrapbook card? I then adhered this to my acetate bag.  A piece of pink felt was then cut using Spellbinders Grand Ovals LF-110 and layered over the flap of the bag. The clasp of the bag was created from some cream felt and Spellbinders Anemone Flower Topper S5-067 (the centre).  To decorate the side of the bag I added some satin ribbon and some felt flowers made from Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms S5-086.

I love how this turned out and will be making this design again when I need to give a special gift.

Thanks for visiting me today, enjoy your weekend.

Hugs Cathy
x

8 comments:

shirley-bee said...

This is gorgeous, Cathy! So clever.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful container - never mind the gift inside. :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Crafting Queen said...

Really beautiful gift box. :)

Paula (PEP) said...

A lovely original idea – the lattice die-cutting over the acetate combined with felt gives so many textures & make this utterly interesting & luxurious. The green ribbon leaves just finish it off beautifully.
Paula (PEP)

Barb said...

You are so clever and creative! This is just darling, Cathy - love it!! :)

Annette Allen said...

wow this is amazing... so creative

Stamping With Bibiana said...

lovely! and imaginative, your friend is going to love it...I love acetate, or clear plastic, other idea on how to use this material, thanks..
and with a little modification you can make like an "envelope" for mailing a set of greeting cards or a bulky card...lots of ideas here...
bye for now
bibiana

Petti said...

Awesome gift box and really great design!