Wednesday 18 December 2013

The Purple Haze Challenge Week With Penny Black

Have you visited the Penny Black blog yet this week?  Well we are teaming up with the Purple Haze Challenge blog and have lots of useful tips and tricks to share with new and experienced crafters alike.  Today I have several cards to share and here is my first.....


Hope at Christmas

Supplies used on all cards: Penny Black Snowflake Trio Die 51-051,, Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko Memento Espresso Truffle Ink, Spellbinders Heirloom Ornament 2011 S4-334 and Grand Squares LF-126, Pearl White card, Blue card, Gems, Blue Sheer Ribbon and foam pads. On this card:- Learn, Live, Hope 4312F.

When I was making this I stamped the sentiment too high up, but rather than starting again I thought I would share a way to disguise the error. As you can see close up in the photo below, by adding some snowflakes, gems and tiny blue dots to balance out the sentiment.

Hope high

Using the same design I swapped round some of the stamps to get a different look.

Here I have used:- Christmas Twitter 4354H, I wanted to show that you could use just part of the stamp to create a design.

Tweet Christmas

Next I used:- Christmas Cottage 4364H and Christmas Tags (sentiment) 30-199.

Cottage Christmas

I wanted to show that if you stamp a sentiment in too light a shade of ink you can go over it in a darker shade and slightly off set it to create a shadow. As can be seen in the close up here.

Shadow sentiment

And finally, this one using Dancing Deers 40-258.

A Deer Christmas

And one final tip, if you are stamping a silhouette image and the ink misses a bit of the image, take a Tsukineko Fantastix roll in the ink and colour onto the stamped image like you would a pen.

Hope you enjoy what the rest of the designers have created for you this week and that you play along with the challenge.
Hugs
Cathy
x