Tuesday 11 February 2014

Silver Aiming for Gold

You may recall that I celebrated my silver wedding anniversary last year and so wanted to reflect that in the valentine card I made for my husband.  Luckily for me Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko have just brought out the most amazing shimmery silver which was the starting point for my card.



Supplies used: Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko Delicata: Silvery Shimmer, Golden Glitz and Versafine: Onyx Black ink. Memento Dual Marker: Tuxedo Black, Penny Black: From The Heart 30-207, Heart Swatches 30-204 and Personal Impressions premium white cardstock. Post it notes for masking.

How to:

1) Ink the butterfly heart with Silvery Shimmer ink and stamp in the middle of the right side of the card.  Also stamp an extra one on a post it note and cut out for a mask over the stamped image.

2) Ink the small solid heart with Golden Glitz and stamp slightly overlapping the first heart. Again create a mask and place over the stamped image.

3) Repeat this process going up and down the card and then outline with the dual marker pen. Cut around the outside edge of the heart.

4) Stamp the sentiment with Versafine ink to finish.

I just love how shimmery both the silver and gold look in real life.... they are now my go to inks in my craft box!

Inside I have put that I enjoyed the first 25 years to silver and now look forward to the next 25 when we reach gold.

Oh and before I go, I just wanted to remind you that last week on the Penny Black blog they announced some of the designs from the amazing new release, you can check it out here.


Hugs Cathy
x