Sunday 8 January 2017

A First Play With Brusho


Over Christmas I was super excited to learn that I had won a set of Colourcraft's Brusho Crystal Colours on Facebook, thanks to my Godmother Kay nominating me for the prize.

I have been itching to crack open the pots and play and today I finally had some spare time and thought I would just play.

I spritzed some watercolour card that I had die cut with water and then sprinkled a few colours of the Brusho Crystal onto the card and watched it morph into beautiful patterns with vibrant colours.  They were so easy to use and I will be experimenting with them some more with different mediums soon.

I then took the Penny Black Sun Fire die 51-121 and cut out 3 images from white card, then matted each layer on top of each other before adhering to my Brusho Background.  This was then mounted onto a card and the Birthday sentiment stamped using Versafine ink and the Penny Black Transparent set A Sweet Day 30-280.  I then added a pearl to the centre of the card to finish, it was that simple!


 

7 comments:

Kaypeanut said...

Beautiful.

Cathy A said...

Thanks Kay

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Brusho's are a fabulous medium to work with and have really made your die cuts pop, such a pretty card x

kiwimeskreations said...

That simple she says - this is a sculpted masterpiece Cathy!!! Love it
Blessings
Maxine

bethann said...

Stunning

Late Blooming said...

Yes ,yes, yes......Love the flower.

Cathy A said...

Thank you everyone for such lovely comments, I am having so much fun playing with Brusho...although I do get rather messy :)