Tuesday 13 December 2011

Recycled Thank You

I think it is always nice to send thank you cards and this one pleases me even more as it has been made by recycling the label from some PJ's, an envelope and some ribbon from a gift box.

Here are the bits that I decided to re-use



And this is what I created with them


I used Penny Black's "Flower Gallery" 30-031 to stamp the flowers and sentiment onto scrap pieces of cream card, after colouring the flowers with Inktense pencils, I  mounted them onto the PJ tag and a part of the envelope.

The ribbon was threaded through the tag and added to a card blank made from "Sticks and Stones" mix and match card stock 02-002.

This was great fun as I was able to use up some scraps that I had lying around and also recycle some items that would otherwise of gone in the bin!

The 'thank you' theme is being continued this week over on the Penny Black blog, so hop on over for some Holiday thank you card inspiration here.

Thanks for visiting, Hugs Cathy x

2 comments:

Elizabeth Allan said...

My two favorite things combined into one - art and recycling!

Paula (PEP) said...

Gloriously inventive - the way the ribbon threads through is so effectiv & I love the dimensional effect of the Inktense pencils colouring. Very striking.
Paula (PEP)