Friday 16 March 2012

City Cruising

Today the Penny Black team are sharing cards created using the new City stamps; you can check out their creations here.

I decided to make a card with a sporty car cruising the big city of New York.....
























I love the sporty car from the 'Go Green' 30-094 transparent set, I think it is perfect for a male card!  I stamped the car with Versafine ink and then coloured with Prisma Pencils; Copenhagen Blue, Yellowed Orange, Jasmine, Cool Grey 70% and 90% blending with Zest it pencil blend.  I then fussy cut the car ready to mount onto the tag with foam pads.

The tag was stamped with part of the 'New York' 40-118 stamp and Memento Rich Cocoa ink, Tim Holtz Distress inks; Tea Dye, Walnut Stain and Antique Linen were used to watercolour the buildings and add shadows.  I then used a blending tool and Antique Linen to soften the sky (I used a circular mask to create the moon) and then stamped the sentiment into the moon using a stamp positioner.

Twine was added to the tag (recycled from a store tag) and then mounted onto some patterned paper from the Papermainia Venetian Skies collection.  This was then stitched onto a cream card blank and a scrap of brown card punched with a Martha Stewart zigzag punch.

Hope you all have a great weekend and thanks for visiting me this week and for taking the time to leave comments, I really appreciate it.

Hugs Cathy
x

5 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

An absolutely glorious combination of blues & browns - the stitching is lovely & accents that border beautifully in shape. I like the way that bi-coloured twine echoes the effect of the border where the paler card is visible against the shape of the edge & through the perforations (goodness, I'm sounding like a Tetley tea bag advert!).
Paula (PEP)

Annette Allen said...

this is just so fun...love it

CinnamonSally said...

Fabulous card Cathy, love the colours a great masculine card!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Fabulous Cathy! Love how you intermixed the stamp designs!

Amy said...

Love the colours too!! Looks like my lounge room (minus the toys and cat fur). x