Thursday 15 March 2012

Marvellous Mimi

Today is Mimi day over on the Penny Black Blog, so do hop on over and see what the rest of the design team have created here.

I set myself a personal challenge for this card, to use the colour palette in the My Mind's Eye Lime Twist Life of the Party paper pad. I then used the red dot paper from this set to add borders to the card.






















Mimi is from the new transparent set 'Big Wish' 30-098, she was stamped onto white card and coloured with Copics as in the diagram below, the cherry was glossy accented and the whole image cut out. (Colours used:- E50, E51, E53, E47, R20, R22, R35, R27, G00, G02, RV21, RV13, BG34, BG15 & YG23).



On a piece of Papermania Antique Cream patterned paper I stamped Mimi a second time and coloured the confetti and applied Stardust Stickles. The sentiment was stamped and then attached to the main card blank, using 'Spring Meadow' 06-001 Mix and Match Cardstock.  The My Mind's Eye patterned borders were then stitched onto the card to complete the design.

Tomorrow I will be sharing a city card with you.

Hugs for now
Cathy

3 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

Thanks for sharing the Copics colouring - interesting to see you using pairs of colours & I like your helpful diagram. The way your sewing accents the zig zag of Mimi's hat & the cupckae container is brilliant.
Paula (PEP)

Barb said...

Love this sweet b-day card, Cathy! Your coloring is beautiful! :)

Annette Allen said...

so darn cute...lovely coloring..