Tuesday 6 March 2012

Très Chic Butterfly Madness

Yesterday I showed you a pendant using the new 'Tres Chic' 4260K stamp by Penny Black, I can't get over how versatile this stamp is, every time I look at it another idea pops into my head!

Here are a few more cards that I created using this stamp























For this card I stamped 'Tres Chic' 4260K onto white card and again onto several pieces of patterned paper with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I then coloured the main image with Copic markers and then cut out the butterflies and layered over the original image with dimensional glue.  I wanted to give the impression of the butterflies flying away so I added a few extra ones to the right.  The card was then edged with a purple fine liner pen.

The light  'Purple Mountain' 12-001 background panel was stamped with 'Fanciful' 40-100 in a soft mauve ink and stitched to the card base with mint thread. A separate doily was cut using a Marianne die from patterned paper and mounted onto the 'Purple Mountain' 12-002 card base.  I then cut a label for the sentiment using a Spellbinders Labels Four and stamped the sentiment from Penny Black's transparent set 'Sweet Wishes' 30-104, to finish off I distressed the edges with Memento Grape Jelly ink. To add a bit of sparkle I added diamond stickles to the bodies of each butterfly and around her swirly neckline.

After creating this card, I realised that I had a plethora of butterflies that I simply couldn't throw away......so this is the result!





































I cut the butterflies and mounted onto white card with dimensional glue, drew in antenna and added diamond stickles to their bodies.  I then cut scalloped borders using 'Purple Mountain' 12-001 & 12-002 and Spellbinders Classic Scallop borders, and stitched to the white panel.  The main card blank has been created using 'Forest Glen' 07-001 Mix and Match cardstock that has been stamped with 'Damask Pattern' 40-110 and Tim Holtz Bundled Sage ink.

The sentiment button was created by stamping '...wishes' 30-103 in chalk ink and colouring the flower and leaves with Copics.

If you want to see more fashion stamp inspiration, the design team at Penny Black will not disappoint you with oodles of ideas to get you in the creative mood, check out some of their creations each day this week here.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and visit me today, I really appreciate all your support.

Hugs Cathy
x

5 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

I had to chuckle at all the butterflies - how utterly effective & I love the idea of stamping them onto patterned scraps of paper.The aqua & mauve colour combination is delightful & I can't wait to receive my Spellbinders edgeabilities.
Paula (PEP)

Lisa said...

Oh wow, Cathy! Love those butterflies flying away from her head- so clever and cute! Also really like that second card- it's gorgeous :)

Lin said...

Oh my goodness, Cathy, your hands must have ached after all that cutting!! Beautiful results on both cards!!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Stylish, chic and filled with happiness Cathy!

Cathy Fongjoyo said...

Gorgeous, clever, and very chic card, Cathy!!! what an idea !!!