Friday, 15 March 2013

A Gift

It is always a lovely feeling to be able to give a little gift to some one and to know that it might of brightened their day.  I love to give my little tokens in personalised gift bags, boxes and wraps to just add that extra personal touch, so today rather than sharing any stamping I thought I would share a little clutch bag that I made to hold a small box of chocolates.

Here it is with the wrapped chocolates inside

Gift Bag filled

And here is a photo of the clutch bag before I added the gift.


Gift Bag Empty

I created a little bag template and then cut out my design from a 12"x 12" sheet of acetate.  I then took a sheet of DCWV glittered card stock (from the Latte collection) and cut the pattern using Spellbinders Fancy Lattice die S5-152 ~ did you know that you can easily line it up to cut a whole sheet of scrapbook card? I then adhered this to my acetate bag.  A piece of pink felt was then cut using Spellbinders Grand Ovals LF-110 and layered over the flap of the bag. The clasp of the bag was created from some cream felt and Spellbinders Anemone Flower Topper S5-067 (the centre).  To decorate the side of the bag I added some satin ribbon and some felt flowers made from Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms S5-086.

I love how this turned out and will be making this design again when I need to give a special gift.

Thanks for visiting me today, enjoy your weekend.

Hugs Cathy
x

8 comments:

shirley-bee said...

This is gorgeous, Cathy! So clever.

MaxineD said...

What a beautiful container - never mind the gift inside. :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Crafting Queen said...

Really beautiful gift box. :)

Paula (PEP) said...

A lovely original idea – the lattice die-cutting over the acetate combined with felt gives so many textures & make this utterly interesting & luxurious. The green ribbon leaves just finish it off beautifully.
Paula (PEP)

Barb said...

You are so clever and creative! This is just darling, Cathy - love it!! :)

Annette said...

wow this is amazing... so creative

Bibiana Martinez-Ziegler said...

lovely! and imaginative, your friend is going to love it...I love acetate, or clear plastic, other idea on how to use this material, thanks..
and with a little modification you can make like an "envelope" for mailing a set of greeting cards or a bulky card...lots of ideas here...
bye for now
bibiana

Petti said...

Awesome gift box and really great design!