Hi, do you ever get a day where you are making something and then by accident you come across something that looks cool? Well that happened to me when I was making the card just below. So if you have time to scroll to the end of this post you can see another card that came to life by chance!
1) Stamp Wistful 40-193 onto cream card using brown pigment ink and emboss with clear powder. Place one of the Spellbinder Imperial Gold Labels Four S5-159 dies over the stamped image and run through the Grand Calibur GC-001 machine but do not emboss as only the cut is required on this piece. Edge with distress tool and Frayed Burlap Ink.
2) Punch several leaves, flowers and butterflies edge with distress ink Tip:- if you don't have a small enough butterfly you can cut two hearts and join them together as I have. Attach to stamped image with dimensional glue (or silicone), add crystals to the centres of the flowers. Cut the next size up die in brown card and emboss for the mount. I have done a close up so you can see the embossed and de-bossed effect of the new Spellbinders dies, it is really cool!
3) Edge a cream card blank with Tim Holtz Frayed Burlap distress ink and then create the corners by cutting the middle Spellbinders Adorning Squares S4-389 die on brown card and cut out a circle using Standard Circles Large S4-114 and then cutting into four pieces and attach to the corners to finish off.
After making my cards I often stamp off excess ink onto a scrap piece of paper before cleaning my stamp with a wipe, I did this with the wistful stamp 40-193 and used the same scrap to start to clean off my letter background stamp 1999L. I then noticed that the scrap paper had a shabby aged look to it and thought it would look great if it was made into a card....a happy accident from crafting you might say!
Here is the card that I made using the scrap of card.
1) I cut the scrap into an oval using Spellbinders Classic Ovals Large S4-110, I then cut an oval frame using Spellbinders Grand Ovals LF-110 and embossed with So Trendy ES-006 (the oval is larger than the embossing folder so I lined up the pattern and ran the oval through the Grand Calibur GC-001 twice so that the pattern covered the whole of the oval). I then cut a darker brown mount to enhance the frame.
2) The Cream Card blank was then stamped with Allover Pattern 40-109 using Memento Sky Blue ink, the edges were then aged using Tim Holtz frayed burlap ink and a blending tool, the corners rounded using a hand punch. A piece of cream lace was then added 1/3 of the way up from the bottom.
3) To decorate the frame I cut three roses and two sets of leaves using Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms S5-086 distressed the edges and added to the frame, the other flowers were made by scrunching up Prima Paper flowers. Tip:- to make the roses look more realistic I roll the edges of the petals before I roll them up. I then cut the smallest die from Blossom Tags and Accents S5-072 to get a mount for the tag I embossed the die into some brown card and cut around the edge. The sentiment was then stamped using Penny Black's Wishes stamp 30-03, the edges distressed and brown pearls added to the sides.
I was so happy how this turned out, I made one from scratch in pinks too!
Hope you discover some happy accidents too when you are crafting!