My husband's office is currently experiencing a baby boom and as a result he asked me if I could make a couple of quick big cards for everyone to sign for the latest additions to this world.
These cards used: Penny Black Cute as a Button Cling Stamp set 40-052, Bundle of Joy 30-043 transparent set and Mix and Match Papers Rose Garden 14-002 and Clear Skies 10-001.
1) Take a piece of white card and then run through the Grand Callibur GC-001machine using the embossing mat and plate to emboss a rectangle using the new Spellbinders 5" x 7" Matting Basics A S6-001. Stamp the cute as a button image 40-052 around the edge with Versamark ink and emboss with white powder.
2) Cut a smaller white card mat using the same Matting Basics set, and then cut a coloured card blank using the Mix and Match cardstock and emboss using the Spellbinders 5" x 7" Matting Basics B S6-002. Mount onto card using dimensional foam pads.
3) Then cut another smaller white Matting basic, leave the card in the die and stamp the Cute as a Button stamp 40-052 using Versamark ink and emboss with white powder, mask off the top portion and then ink using Tim Holtz Worn Lipstick Distress ink using a blending tool.
4) Stamp the sentiment with Versafine Smokey Grey ink and colour the baby girl/boy part using copic markers.Adhere to other mats using double sided tape.
5) Stamp the hedgehogs from the Bundle of Joy set 30-043 onto scrap card using the Versafine Smokey Grey ink and colour with Copic Markers (I use the warm greys for the prickles W1, W5 and W8 and E00, E01 and R20 for the face). Cut out add buttons using thread, mount onto main card using dimensional foam pads to complete.
Here is a close up of each card.
I have a feeling I will be making more baby cards soon, my sister's baby is due in May!
Enjoy the rest of the week