Don't you just hate it when you make a card and spend ages colouring in the images, adding shading etc. only to make a mistake that ruins the whole thing...... Well, I was colouring in the oval round the Mona Lisa image when I sneezed and the pen slipped putting pink ink in a conspicuous space, I didn't want to start again so I thought I would share a real easy way to rescue a project in these circumstances.
Here is my finished card
You can see that I have added a few extra leaves to the bottom right side of the oval and a few extra flowers, this was all that was needed to cover up my mistake.
To create this card :-
1) Stamp Penny Black's Mona Lisa 4302K, onto a piece of dictionary paper with Memento Black ink, Go over the leaves with the fine end of a Tim Holtz distress marker in Forest Moss. Colour the Flowers in with the Spun Sugar and worn Lipstick Pens. (stamp the extra leaves and flowers to cover up the mistake). Add Pink liquid peals randomly around leaves and set aside to dry.
2) Stamp Mona Lisa again with Memento Rich Coco Ink onto Cream cardstock colour hair with Distress Marker Pens using Aged Mahogany, Frayed Burlap and Vintage Photo. Colour skin with Spun Sugar, to take off Pinkness, wash over with a watery brush of Antique Linen. The necklace was coloured using Scattered Straw. Cut out girl.
3) Stamp Mona Lisa's dress onto green paper and paper piece onto cream card. Shade paper with Peeled Paint pen. Mount onto main stamped image on dictionary paper.
4) Cut dictionary paper with Spellbinders Nesting Squares S4-126 using a Grand Calibur machine GC-001 and cut a second square using Coral Reef Mix and Match cardstock 15-002. Use Spellbinders On the Edge S5-168 die to create a notebook border.
5) For the card blank, take a piece of cream cardstock and emboss with 5" x 7" matting basics A S6-001, mask off outside edge and stamp Penny Black's Verdant 4310K using Memento New Sprout ink, enhance the embossed lines with an olive green fine liner pen and stamp sentiment from the transparent set Friendship 30-160 using Versafine Olympia Green Ink. Ink the edges with Worn Lipstick distress ink using a blending tool. Add green sheer and satin ribbon two thirds of the way down the card, I have just discovered Beacon Fabritac, it is the most amazing glue for bonding ribbon instantly, it also worked well on the embellishments too.
6) Mount the Coral card and Dictionary paper onto the card using foam pads and cut an extra set of leaves using Spellbinders Foliage Two S5-129 cut into two pieces and mount onto the card. Add a pink wooden gingham flower and a pearl to finish.
Don't forget to hop on over to the Penny Black Blog this week to see our special guest designer