Wednesday 17 April 2013

It's A Boy Thing

As teenage boys get older, cute sentimental cards just won't do, but they are not quite ready for the sail boat and slipper cards yet....so what can you do to make something cool?  This was my dilemma when I had to make a card for my teenage Nephew.  Here is what I came up with, and although it is not my cup of tea, my son (who is 19) liked it so I am hoping it will hit the mark!

Sentimental

To make this, I stamped Edge to Edge 30-164 onto scraps of white card using Versafine Spanish Moss, Deep Lagoon and Majestic Blue.(tip: I cut out the friend word from the stamp so that I could substitute Nephew afterwards - don't worry you can put the orignial word back in place to use on other occasions)

I then stamped Nephew from Word Express 30-164 using the same ink colours.  I then mounted each strip onto Mix and Match Cardstock using Fern Green 05-001, Blue Lagoon 09-002 and Clear Skies 10-003 added faux stitching around the edges and mounted onto white card.  To finish off I then added stitching to the edge of the card.

Don't forget all this week over on the Penny Black Blog wh have some amazing inspiration from our guest designer.


guest designer banner

Hugs Cathy
x