Thursday 23 May 2013

It's A Magnificent Moxie Day

Woo Hoo, Penny Black is featured on Moxie Fab's "Stamp of Approval" today, so to celebrate some of the Design Team have been working with the stamps featured on the blog here.

I thought I would do a few cards to show how versatile these sets can be.  My first card is just a burst of  colour using Sweet Home 30-170, Roman Surround 40-201 and Clear Skies 10-001 Mix and Match Card

Summer Street Open

Other materials used include:- Spellbinders A2 Curved Borders One  (I embossed the die to get the shape and used the dots as a guide for the road) S5-180, 5 x7 Matting Basics A S6-001 (I have used the bigger die to get the height and just trimmed to make the width of the card smaller),  Tim Holtz Mowed Lawn Distress Ink, Copic Markers YG03, YG17, Y02, Y06, Y17, YR15, W05, RV34, RV55, B00, B02 and B04.  Versafine Onyx Black ink, Clear Embossing powder, Copic White and Glossy Accents.

My next card was inspired by a design in Paper Craft May/June 2013 Magazine p.42 by Donna Bowman.  I wanted to show how you can adapt stamps to make similar cards to those seen in magazines.

Putt it Here

For this card I used Embellishments 30-161 for the flag and by crossing the LL's in the Pull here tab stamp I changed it to Putt. The putting green was created by making a mask using an oval die. The Birthday sentiment is from Tweet Tweet 30-156.  The white ball is made by taking a pearl and painting over with Copic White.

My final card is made using Tree-mendous 30-165 and scraps of card.

Tweet Blessings

The trunk was stamped using Versafine Vintage Sepia ink and then coloured over with a light brown Copic marker. The leaves were stamped with Versafine Spanish Moss and again coloured with Green Copics. Copics were also used for the bird and a little heart gem added to the home. The grass mound and leaf background was chalked and the sentiment stamped.

The border for this card was created using Spellbinders On The Edge S5-168 and a scrap of read card put behind to highlight the  cut outs.

Wow are you still with me, sorry for such a long post but I wanted to show you how amazing these stamp sets are, thank you for staying with me until the end!

Hugs Cathy
x