Friday 24 May 2013

Grey Is The New Black

it is always sad when we have to send a message of sympathy and finding something tasteful and with love and meaning.  That is why when I needed a card this weekend I immediately reached for the Eloquence transparent set  30-162 by Penny Black.  This set has so many beautiful words to help in times of need.

Sympathy

I wanted to have a softness to the design and so chose to stamp Breezy 40-111 with Versafine Smokey Grey ink and then cut the leaves part way down with a craft knife to allow them to stand proud on the card.  I then added some 4ply green wool and stamped the sentiment using Versafine Onyx Black ink.

The inside of the card was also stamped using the same sets, but I used Memento New Sprout for a soft background effect on the leaves.

Sympathy inside

Don't forget to hop on over to the Penny Black blog here to see if you are one of our Spotted designers!

I hope you all have a lovely weekend and that the weather is kind to you!
hugs Cathy
x