Sunday 26 May 2013

Spellbinders and Captain America to the Rescue!

As a card maker, I am sometimes asked by friends if I can make a special card for someone they know. This is such a lovely honour that your work is appreciated enough to be commissioned to make something, until............

they share with you exactly what they want and then you think how on earth am I going to do that!  Well ever up for a challenge, my latest request arrived via email, with the words..."can you make a card to incorporate this photo and Captain America as a lego character and other characters too!

Whoa, what!!!!!!!...does Lego even do a Captain America?  Well google you saved me again, once I had found my characters, I then printed them out and my new dilemma was how to incorporate them into a card....

Captain America Lego Card

Thank heavens for Spellbinders, I was able to create a manly frame using the Cogs S4-386 and Standard Circles Sm S4-116 for my photo using Red card edged with Tim Holtz Black Soot ink and then mounted it onto a silver card blank created using Spellbinders Grand Ovals LF-110.  The printed lego characters were then cut out, sealed with Beacon Decoupage Fast Finish and arranged around the frame.  A peel off sentiment was then added to finish the design.

Another challenge met and I can now rest in the knowledge that Lego indeed does do Captain America!



Don't forget to check out the Penny Black Blog all this week for a fabulous sneak peak and massive give-away!


Hugs Cathy
x