Tuesday 22 April 2014

Hello Tinkerbell

Hi as promised I am back today with details of a video tutorial showing you how to use the new Pico Embellisher from Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko, but to see it you are going to have to hop on over to the Imagine Crafts blog here. If you can't wait I will post a teeny tiny sneak peak photo at the end of this post!

But first let me share a little coaster that I made for my favourite hot chocolate mug!

Tinkerbell Coaster

To create this project you will need a cardboard coaster, Gesso, Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko Pico Embellishers in Pear Tart, Tuxedo Black, Shimmer, (if available Dandelion for the hair - I used my IrRESISTible spray with a paint brush to do the hair as I didn't have it in a Pico) Memento New Sprout ink and Glaz-on Matte. Skin coloured pen, Green felt fabric and Ice Resin.

Step 1: Paint coaster with Gesso and leave to dry, sketch Tinkerbell with a pencil (if you can't draw you can use a stamp with grey ink. Outline the pencil marks with the Black Pico Embellisher and leave to dry.

Step 2: Fill in the dress (pear tart pico), wings (shimmer pico) and hair (dandelion). Leave to dry, go over parts of the dress again to add deeper shades. Colour skin and then sponge outer area with Memento New Sprout ink to get a mottled effect.

Step 3: Seal the image with Glaz on and leave to dry, once dry add felt to bottom of coaster and then coat with 2 layers of Ice Resin (allowing to fully cure between each coat).

I love my new coaster it matches my mug perfectly...now can you guess what this is?

Just a peek

Can't guess?  Well hop on over to the Imagine Crafts blog to find out, there is also a Video too.

I will be later in the week with more inspiration to share.
Hugs Cathy
x