Tuesday 15 April 2014

How to Make The Latest Craze - The Exploding Box

I keep seeing these amazing cards on the web using a foldable exploding box design. I have a full step by step photo tutorial for this card available on the Penny Black Blog today here.
Here is the card closed so it fits flat in an envelope - you can decorate the outside but my sense of humour makes me want the recipient to think my what a boring card....

Floral Exploding Box closed

And then whoosh as it opens....

Floral exploding Box open

Supplies used:

Penny Black: Madison Paper Pad 80-001, Fern Green and Storm Mix and Match Card, Cupcake day 40-308 and Belle Fleurs 30-217, Special Wishes 30-229, Love Assortment 30-090 Stamps, Leaves 51-002 die.  Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko Memento Pistachio and Tuxedo Black ink, Versafine Spanish Moss and Olympia Green inks, Chameleon Alcohol Art pens Blue, Yellow Orange, Violet, Olive, Sienna, Red Orange and Purple, Kraft card and strong double sided tape.

Thanks for joining me today and don't forget there is a full step by step photo tutorial on the Penny Black Blog here.
Hugs Cathy
x