Friday 18 April 2014

Anchors Away

Happy Easter weekend, I have been playing with my dies for this card, my Nephew is a Marine Cadet and thought I would go with a nautical theme for his 16th Birthday (wow I can't believe he is 16 this year - makes me feel old!)

Anchor's away

Materials used: Spellbinders D Lite Anchors Away IN-014 and Scratch Lines GLT-001 Texture Plate, Penny Black Tripple Banner Die 51-027, Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko Delicata Silvery Shimmer and Versafine Majestic Blue inks, White, Light Blue and Dark Blue card.

Isn't that silver ink fabulous on the Navy blue card?

I then wanted to follow the theme through on the wrapping and so cut the anchor twice out of foam to create my own stamp and then stamped some craft card using Memento Rich Cocoa Die ink.

Anchor Wrap

Now to make my Niece a card her birthday is only 3 days later!!!

Thanks for joining me today, hugs Cathy
x