Tuesday 24 July 2012

Light Up a New Home

I love the new Penny Black stamp set 'Lace Delight' 30-115 but I always seem to reach for the lacy borders, they are just so pretty!  So today I decided to challenge myself and make a card using one of the other stamps in the set and so set about making a card using the Lamp.




















I stamped the lamp onto white cardstock using the following pigment inks; Adirondack Juniper, Cool Peri and Ink It Up Pink.  I then added shading to the bases of the lamps and to the lampshades with the following Prisma pencils; Celedon Green PC1020, Pale Sage PC1089, Rose PC929, Blush Pink PC928 and Lilac PC956.

On a piece of 'Purple Mountain' 12-002 cardstock I stamped the Lacy border with Memento Sweet Plum Ink, I then mounted the lamps onto this card added a darker border strip of 'Purple Mountain' 12-003 card and then stamped the sentiment from 'Sweet Home' 40-054 using Versafine Onyx Black ink and added to the card using foam pads.

Do you have sets of stamps where there are ones you just never ink up?  I am certainly going to try and make more use of all the stamps in my sets now.

Hugs Cathy
x

2 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

Your shading of those lamps is so effective & I love the softness of them against the dark of the base layer. the lacey bordering works beautifully as an accent too.
Paula (PEP)
I know what you mean about using ALL the stamps in a set.

Barb said...

Cathy, your coloring is so true to life! beautiful card!