Thursday 25 July 2013

My First EVER Mixed Media Canvas


Hi everyone, this week we have a fabulous "Beat the Heat Challenge" on the Penny Black Blog, details for the challenge can be found here.  Today is my turn and I thought I would challenge myself to create my first ever Mixed Media Canvas, a daunting prospect when I look at all the wonderful canvases that Jill and Elizabeth have done, but hey it is a challenge and a learning experience, I have even videoed it so you can see how it came together!

Let Your Heart Dream of Mermaids

Once I finished the canvas I then wondered what I would do with it, my first thought was to add a frame, but then inspiration struck, and I turned a box frame into a trinket box.

Let Your Heart Dream of Mermaids Box

Materials used (this is a LONG list) :-
Penny Black Leaves Die 51-002, Mermaids 30-183 and Mimi's Playground 30-147 Transparent Stamp Sets.
Other: Paints; Claudine Hellmuth Studio Acrylic Sky Blue, Classic Teal and Smudge of Blue, Kaiser colour Turquoise, Viva Precious Metal Turquoise and Golden Green. Cosmic Shimmer: Lime Burst, Peacock Teal and Meadow Lush Drawing Inks and Peacock Green spray. Imagine Craft Staz on cotton White, Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, Matte Glaz On and Sheer Shimmer Sparkle, Modge Podge Paper, Beacon Fabritac and 3 in 1 glues, Stix 2 Seed Beads and Mini Glitz, Light Modelling Paste, Zig Kure Colour Flesh Tones alchol pens and Copic Markers, Black Gross Grain ribbon with white stitched border, Canvas, black card and a box photo frame.

Here is how it was all put together
I had fun playing with all these materials and learnt a lot during the process. I will give this another try.

Thanks for joining me today.
Hugs Cathy
x