Monday 12 March 2012

Which Came First, Chicken or Egg?

Today I am sharing cuteness and functionality, with Easter upon us next month my attentions have turned to Easter gifts.  Although chocolate eggs are very welcome in our house, once scoffed that is it, so this is a little gift that will hopefully last a little longer and get a aahh cute from the recipient!























They are so easy to make as can be seen in the video below.


Supplies:  Penny Black' Spring Day' 30-099 transparent stamp set, Lazertran Stamping Decal Paper, Ceramic EggCup, Sharpie or other permanent waterproof markers, Archival or Staz On ink and Ceramic Varnish to seal the project.

This method also works well on mugs and other ceramics, but you can only hand wash and it must be sealed with a suitable varnish.

To go with my Egg Cup I thought I would create a little Easter Card using 'Spring Day' 30-099 Transparent Set and 'Hedgie Friends' 30-101 Transparent set.






















I stamped the eggs that Mimi is juggling as a background onto 'Blue Lagoon' 09-002 Mix and Match Cardstock and then cut a small hill from 'Fern Green'  05-002 Mix & Match Cardstock which I adhered to a piece of white card.  I then stamped and coloured the Hedgie and Chick with Copics, added some grass and shading to the hill  and stitched to the base card.

















Hope this has inspired you to have a go at creating a handmade gift.

Hugs Cathy
x

6 comments:

Dawn T said...

stunningly cute Cathy. Thanks for sharing your video

Paula (PEP) said...

Superbly informative & clear - I've never seen this done before & found it so useful. Now I know what to do with the transfer sheets when I see them.
The little card adds perfectly & this is a lovely gift for a little child who might not be able to share in the chocolate for health reasons - they can still feel special.
Paula (PEP)

Barb said...

Cathy, you always share the best ideas! Love that darling egg cup and your card is so cute too! :)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Cute projects Cathy! Wonderful video.... I think the egg cup would also make a great dish for small chocolates!!

Annette Allen said...

you are so clever...love this..

fishing scale said...

Cool idea, thumb up!!