Monday 25 November 2013

Have A Merry Etched Wine Glass on Me This Christmas


All this week I am sharing some Christmas Inspiration over on the Penny Black Blog, I would love you to hop on over and leave me any comments or thoughts on the projects I am sharing.

I love to make my own Christmas gifts, that way I know there is no chance of the same gift being given by someone else.

Today I would like to share a really cool technique often referred to as chemical glass etching, it is so easy to do...these were my first attempt and are quick too!

 Here are some of the finished gifts all wrapped up and ready to give....

Christmas Etched Gift Sets

Christmas Etched Wine set

Here is a close up of the front of the glass after it has been etched

Christmas Wine Glass Front

And here is a close up of the back of the glass, the sentiment comes out really crisp - I am sure after a few glasses of wine the holder will definitely be Merry!

Christmas Wine Glass Back

and finally a picture showing the base packaging

Packaging of etched wine glass

So how do you do it you ask?   Well scroll on down and I will explain all in the video, but first you will need to gather some supplies:-
Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream, Wine Glass, Some Chocolates and a Bottle of Wine (these are essentials even if you don't plan on trying the glass etching!) Pearl White Card 19cm x 24cm, Gold Staz-On Ink, Penny Black Dies Snowflake Trio 51-015 and Love and Joy 51-021, Decadence 40-254  and Ornately Stamps 40-252, Spellbinders Standard Circles Sm S4-116  and Lg S4-114, Protective rubber gloves and  Silhouette Adhesive Vinyl. (In the top photo I also used Staz On Imperial Purple, Blazing Red and Cactus Green inks to co-ordinate with the wine bottles).  Caution Armour Etch is an acid and must be used with extreme caution, please make sure you follow all the instructions and guidelines on the back of the packaging.

So now you have all the supplies you can sit back and watch the how to....enjoy


Don't forget the Love sentiment in the die set would make a great valentine version too!
I hope I have inspired you today to have a go at making your own Christmas Gifts. Have a great week, Hugs, Cathy
x